Sunday, January 30, 2011

New release coming soon and other fun stuff :)

Hi guys!

Just a quick post to let you know I have a firm release date for Into the Woods. February 27th. It's been a long time coming, I know, but I hope you'll think it's been worth the wait! :)

I just posted an excerpt for Into the Woods on my website. Check it out when you have a few minutes! I'm excited for you to meet Shaun and Rannon!

I'm working on a complete website overhaul, which I had mentioned last fall. I'm hoping to get the new look and all the pages uploaded over the next few weeks. I think you'll like the change...I really do! I'll be tweaking the look of my blog to coordinate with it. But no worries...I'll still have hunky eye candy to look at it. LOL!

I've been swamped with work for my day job this month (for those of you who don't know, my day job is also in the publishing industry), but have been squeezing in writing time as well. It's felt really, REALLY good to get back to writing. I hope to have several new stories for you in 2011! Into the Woods will be the first, and then I'll have a story out later in the year for Amber Allure's Masquerade theme, plus I will also be finishing the fourth Draegan Lords book, Circle of Ariend, over the next several months. So stayed tuned!

Also, I'll be attending the GayRomLit retreat in New Orleans in October. I hope to get to meet some of my readers at that event! I'm really looking forward to it!! If you're near there or just have a hankering to visit the beautiful and intriguing city of New Orleans, I hope you'll come by for a day or two or three.

Oh! And I've been trying to post somewhat regularly on Twitter again, so if you'd like a more immediate way to keep up with me and see what I'm up to, I've love to have you follow me.

Okay, that's my quickie update for the moment. More to come soon...

Thanks so much to all of you who've been so patient for the past year as I worked through my burn-out and managed to get back up on the proverbial horse and get back to writing the good stuff. You all mean more to me than you could know!!!

Happy reading!
ML :)

-

5 comments:

Lis said...

Woohooo! I'm looking forward to Into The Woods. The date is already circled on my calander.

Good luck with everything! I know how day jobs can take up all your time even if you don't want too!

Anne Brooke said...

Fabulous news - can't wait!! :)) Many congrats indeed!!

Mina said...

it is so good heard from you. I'm cheeking you web site almost every day. congrats for into the woods. I look forward for this book.
Also it is wonderful to know Circle of Ariend will come this year. hope, we can see it as soon as possible. I really love this series.
I know how day jobs will take your time and energy.I 'm experienced this every day. hope everything will go smoothly for you .
hugs :)

M.L. Rhodes said...

Hi Lis, Anne, and Mina. Thanks for the nice words. :) I'm psyched about Into the Woods coming out.

And, yes, Mina, I'm excited about Circle of Ariend, too. I've got quite a bit of it written already. Gaige and Keiran hold a special place in my heart...I guess because I've probably spent more time with them than any of my other characters, so I always look forward to working on their story. I'm still not 100% certain if Circle will be the end of the series or not. There might be one more book after this. We'll see. Because I write pretty much by the seat of my pants, I'm never certain what kind of twists and turns stories will take until they happen. So even my best laid plans don't always work out the way I think they will. *g* Depending on what all ends up happening in Circle will determine whether the series ends or continues. Never a dull moment. But I kinda like it that way! :)

Rachel said...

I can't wait to read Into the Woods, I'm already excited for it :D

I tend to check *cough*stalk*cough* your site pretty regularly too, so it's great to hear that the 4th Draegan Lords will be out sometime this year.

Looking forward to your new writing and website look!