Saturday, August 22, 2009

Writing update

I'm going to try to be better about writing on my blog in the upcoming months. I was overwhelmed there for a while, trying to keep a blog on Blogger, LiveJournal, and MySpace and when I realized I couldn't keep up, I just sort of...well...dropped the ball on all them. Urgh. :-/ So in the interest of keeping in better touch with readers, I'm going to focus my energies here on Blogger, since I find it the easiest to use. You'll notice there are no more multiple links on my website to the various places...just one, solitary blog link. It just makes my life ever so much simpler. And hopefully yours as well!

First and foremost, I want to thank all my readers who've written over the past few months. Your emails are always a joy to receive and read! I've been excruciatingly busy this summer and my online time has been pretty scarce--I apologize for that! I will be catching up on email over the next couple of weeks, however, and will do my very best to respond to everyone who's written me!!

For those of you who've been waiting ever so patiently for the next book in the Draegan Lords series (and you know who you are...I get more email each week about when Fires of Ballian will be out than anything else! *g*), I'm currently writing it. It's coming along nicely and although I don't have a firm release date for it, I suspect it'll be released in the October-November time frame depending on when I get it done. Stay tuned to my website and I'll post a specific date when the book is finished. I realize I left Gaige and Keiran in a bit of limbo, at the end of Lords of Kellesborne, so I know many of you are anxious to find out what happens next. :)

The second most common question I get in reader email is "When will In Too Deep be released?" For those of you who don't know, In Too Deep is the sequel to Out Of My Mind, which was released in November of 2007. I hadn't originally intended for there to be a sequel when I wrote Out Of My Mind, but by the time I finished it, I felt like there was yet more to tell about Nick and Rafferty, my two Maine cops. :) I've had many letters from readers saying the same thing. I actually have part of In Too Deep written, so the plan is that as soon as Fires of Ballian is done, I'll dive back into In Too Deep and finish it. I'm hoping to see it released by the end of this year. As always, though, I can't promise that...it will just depend on when the editorial director at Amber Allure can fit it into the schedule. But that's my tentative plan. So again, stay tuned.

Many readers have asked if I'll be writing more about Robert and Jesse from Passion and Satisfaction. The answer is yes! The third story in that series is called Undivided.

I've also had many people ask when I'm going to write the sequel to Falling. I know it's been listed as coming soon for a long, long time. I do still plan to write it--I already have part of it written, in fact--but I'm not sure yet when it'll be finished and released. I haven't forgotten about it, however!

Right now I don't have any plans to write a sequel to Bring the Heat. I totally love those guys, though, and I know myself well enough to realize I might very well come up with a story for them at some point in the future.

I have a couple of brand new stories with brand new characters in the works for 2010. One is called Point of No Return. It'll be a m/m romantic suspense (one of the heroes is a DEA agent, the other is, I think, going to be a small town sheriff). It'll be set in New Mexico. The other story I'm planning is called Living Without You, which is a m/m reunion/opposites attract story. The heroes had a summer romance when they were in their late teens, then don't see each other for ten years. I'm looking forward to writing both of these stories...I've had the characters in my head for a looong time.

So that's my agenda for the rest of 2009 and into 2010. I'll post more info as I know it, and try to keep you all up to date on my progress with Fires of Ballian and In Too Deep.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

ML :)

-

4 comments:

Anne Brooke said...

Oh fabulous, I'm looking forward to the sequel to Out of My Mind. And can't wait for the Falling sequel too - though I see I'm going to have to!

:))

Axxx

jessewave said...

Can't wait M.L. for all the great books coming our way in a few months.:)

M.L. Rhodes said...

Hi Anne!

Hey, you just never know when I'm going to get the urge to write about Alec and Christian again. It could be sooner than you think. I do have other things planned before that one, but I've been known to put things on the backburner before when I felt the driving need to write something else. LOL! I'm sure you know how that goes!

M.L. Rhodes said...

Thanks, Wave! You know I live to serve...and I'm madly working on the ones you've been asking for! ;)