Monday, November 07, 2005

Thiefs and the 80s

Last night I watched a great movie. It's older...made in the 80s, which--okay, I'm about to date myself--was my decade (high school, college, etc.). My friend, fellow AQP author Denyse Bridger, sent the movie to me since it's one of her faves. It's called Thief of Hearts. I'm a huge movie fanatic, so I couldn't believe I'd never seen this one before. It was quite yummy!! The actor, Stephen Bauer, was a hunk. How come I've never seen him in anything else? And the sex was very hot. I've read that when the movie was originally out and on VHS, the bedroom scene was considerably longer than it is in the DVD version. Now why the hell would they have cut a bunch for the DVD?! Maybe they thought they'd screwed up by giving it an R rating the first time, that it was too steamy, so they thought they'd better tone it down for the DVD before someone had a fit. I, on the other hand, wanted more! I may have to eBay a copy of the VHS so I can see the rest.

And speaking of the 80s, have you heard that song called 1985 by Bowling For Soup? They've been playing it on the pop stations for a few months now. Well...I love that song because I can so relate! I can't say I ever wanted to shake my ass on the hood of Whitesnake's car (LOL!), and I don't have teenagers...yet. But otherwise, that song--the recap of the music and everything from the eighties--reminds me so much of my high school and college years. I crank up the volume every time it comes on the radio, and I downloaded a copy of it from iTunes. And, by the way, my SUV isn't yellow...it's gold. :)

No comments: