Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Buffy & Angel...oh, my!

When I read back I realized I had some catching up to do on my status in the Buffy/Angel universe. I finished watching all seven seasons of Buffy, finally got the fifth season of Angel and watched it, then about two months ago, I rewatched all seven seasons of Buffy again. Do you have any idea how many hours of TV that is?! Yikes!!! And I was just as obsessed the second time around as I was the first. I also firmly fell in love with Spike the second time around. Not that I didn't like him the first time I watched the series because I did. But during round two I officially went off the deep end for him. Frankly, I think Buffy was a fool not to fall in love with him, but I guess she had that whole Angel history to deal with. :)

My final decision on which series I like best? Hands down, Buffy. I was surprised by that because Angel re-runs were what hooked me on the universe first, but watching Buffy, Willow, and Xander cope with high school then the painful adjustment to adulthood was wonderfully compelling. I thought they (and the supporting characters) were all amazing and I found myself so caught up in their lives that they became real people to me.

Fave episodes: Once More With Feeling was awesome and fresh! The Body was gut-wrenching and brilliant; I sobbed my eyes out during the entire thing. Hush was also very good. The Buffy-Bot episodes were a hoot! And the evil Willow episodes were excellent. Scary, but excellent. The Riley/Adam season overall was probably my least favorite, but unlike some fans who really just didn't like Riley as a character, I thought he served his purpose and it was a nice break for Buffy to have a genuinely sweet guy for a while. I felt really sorry for him by the time he left town, though.My fave villain was the Preacher. Totally creepy and evil. Ugh! I rather enjoyed the three geeks as villains, until Warren went nasty psycho. Can't say I blame bad Willow for what she did to him. I found Glory to be somewhat obnoxious, even though the end of that season was definitely a tear jerker.

Gee, now aren't you glad I shared all that with you? LOL!

No comments: