Monday, June 14, 2004

Harry, Harry, Harry...

Okay, gotta talk about this. As some of you may know, I'm a HUGE Harry Potter fan. Not only do I adore the books and the movies, I have this whole fantasy life about the grown-up Harry. (It's a sickness, I tell you! LOL!).

So what did you all think of the third HP movie, Prisoner of Azkaban, if you've seen it? I was soooo hyped about it that I stood out in the rain for almost two hours to get tickets and if I hadn't been able to get in on opening night, I probably would have cried. No joke. I take my Harry very seriously.

The first part of the movie I was completely enthralled. Love, love, love what this director did with the story--the music was awesome, so were the settings (although the different feel to the castle and Hagrid's hut took a bit of getting used to), gone was the "cutesy" magical stuff and left in its place was an edgier, more adult fantasy/magic feel that better fit the series. I have to admit, though, that the first time I saw it I was distracted by the discrepancies with the book. There were some things I felt should have been in the movie that simply...weren't. And some things that were that weren't totally true to form. Because of that, I told my hub I needed to see it again before I could decide whether I loved it or not(I felt the same way in the Lord of the Rings movies--the first time for each was me being nitpicky comparing to the books, but once I got over that hurdle, the second and consecutive times I could enjoy them for what they were).

Needless to say we went to see Prisoner of Azkaban again a few days later. Loved it! Really loved it. Will probably see it again...several times...in the theater. (How long until it's out in DVD and #4 is in theaters?!?!?! Argh!!)

And now, of course, I'm fantasizing about Harry more than ever. :)

No comments: